Community Car Seat Checks
Community Car Seat Checks at Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
Did you know…
- 98% of car seats are installed incorrectly?
- Car crashes are the #1 source of preventable death and injury to children.
- Are you doing it right?
- How safe is your child?
Make an appointment with one of Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)-certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians to make sure your baby's car seat is installed properly.
What Our NHTSA-Certified Technicians Will Review With You
- Best practice recommendations
- Booster seat protocols
- Existing child passenger safety laws
- How to use your car seat and vehicle safety systems
- Safe seating positions for all family members
- Recalls on a vehicle or car seat and remedies for recalls and show you how to safely transport a child of any age
Additional Information for Expectant Parents
If you are an expectant parent, one of our CPS Technicians can assist you with the selection of your new baby's car seat and the safety of other items that go with your safety seat or vehicle.
It is recommended that parents try their car seat in their vehicle and get their seat checked at least three weeks prior to the due date of their baby.
Not every car seat fits properly in every vehicle so make sure to save your receipt, box, tags and packing material until you have your car seat checked.
Upcoming Community Car Seat Check Dates
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center hosts FREE community Car Seat Checks one Saturday and one Sunday a month. The Car Seat Checks are FREE to all families and extended family members that deliver at Presbyterian/St. Luke's ($25 for non-P/SL community).
Appointments are required. To schedule an appointment please call 1-877-432-5846.
Drop-ins unfortunately cannot be seen.