Carbon Monoxide Poisoning at Hockey Rink

More than 80 people fell ill from carbon monoxide poisoning while attending a hockey tournament in Gunnison, Colorado.  One of the hockey coaches describing the scene said the young female hockey players were moving slowly, some lying on the ice and one collapsed prompting a call to 911.  Everyone in the hockey rink was affected by the CO poisoning. Two young players had to be flown by medical helicopter to P/SL for treatment in the hyperbaric chamber. 

 

KMGH Ch. 7 Denver >>>       CBS4 News Denver >>>

The Denver Post >>>          KUSA 9News >>>

Gunnison Country Times >>>

CNN >>>       Reuters >>>