Lower Leg Venography
Venography is an x-ray test used to study the veins of the body. Lower leg venography is used to study the veins in the legs.
This test may be recommended by your doctor in order to:
- Diagnose deep vein thrombosis—a blood clot deep within the leg that may lead to a pulmonary embolism, which is an obstruction of a blood vessel in the lungs
- Find obstructions in the veins
- Assess vein problems you have had since birth
- Assess the functioning of deep leg vein valves
- Find a vein that will be used to make a bypass graft
Deep Vein Thrombosis
Copyright © Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.