What Can a Personal Trainer Do for You?
Anyone, at any point in a fitness program, can benefit from consulting a certified personal trainer. Professional athletes and others hire trainers for various reasons and for healthful results.
People may hire trainers for:
- Program design—to build a program to help reach goals as efficiently as possible
- Motivation—to show up for the workout and to keep the right intensity throughout the workout
- Safety—to learn how to perform exercises correctly with good form
- Special programming—for permanent or temporary conditions such as pregnancy, arthritis, and injury recovery
- Boredom relief—to help you find activities you can enjoy and feel challenged by
Last reviewedOctober 2013by Michael Woods, MD
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.