Laparoscopic Lap Band Surgery at Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center in Denver, Colorado
Lap Band System Benefits
- Less invasive surgical option
- Safe - no stomach stapling, cutting or intestinal re-routing
- Effective weight-loss and resolution of co-morbidities over time
- Low re-operation/revision
- Minimal side effects
- Easily reproducible
- Adjustable - customized by our surgeons to meet each individual's unique needs
- Reversible if necessary
- Low malnutrition risk
- Satiety-inducing procedure
- Overnight hospital stay in most cases and early return to work (1 week or less)
- Operating Room time of one hour or less
Weight loss occurs slower with the Lap Band as compared to the gastric bypass. Most patients reach their maximum weight loss at 3 years. The expected long-term weight loss with the Lap Band ranges from 50-60% of the excess body weight.
Multiple studies have documented that the majority of weight-related health concerns resolve for Lap Band patients. Follow up with your surgeon or physician assistant for adjustments, especially in the first year, is vital to the success of the Lap Band.