Primary Care at Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
For sick visits, physicals and regular health screenings, a primary care provider will be your first point of contact. At Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center, we have several types of primary care providers with offices located throughout Denver.
Primary Care Doctors
- Family Medicine of Family Practioners: General medical care for both adults and children
- Geriatric Medicine (Senior Health) Specialists or Geriatricians: General medical care for adults age 65 and older
- Internal Medicine Specialists or Internists: Doctors who treat only adults (age 18 and older)
- Obstetricians/Gynecologists or OB/GYNs: Doctors who focus on the female reproductive system for teens and adults
- Pediatricians: General medical care for children up to age 18
In many cases, you will see your primary care provider most often and he or she will refer you to specialists, as needed. Depending on the type of health insurance you have, you may need a referral from your primary care provider before you can see a specialty doctor, such as a neurologist or dermatologist.