Occupational Therapy at P/SL in Denver, Colorado
Occupational Therapy helps patients who have conditions or injuries that limit their ability to do everyday tasks. Our Occupational Therapists are licensed and provide therapy that utilizes functional activities, therapeutic exercise and/or play experiences as modalities. In the acute care setting at P/SL, our services may include:
- Activities of Daily Living skills
- Fine Motor Skills
- Cognitive Rehab as it relates to self-care
- Safety and Home Modification
- Upper Extremity Rehabilitation
- Neuromuscular Reeducation
- Energy Conservation and Work Simplification
- Patient and Caregiver Education
- Instruction in use of adaptive equipment
- Neonatal and Developmental Therapy
Our Pediatric therapists work in the neonatal ICU, pediatric ICU and on the general pediatric floors. They work closely with the entire pediatric team to ensure progress toward developmental goals. The child’s caregivers are an integral part of this team.
Our Adult therapists work with patients throughout the hospital, from the ICU to our Spalding Rehab Unit. Our Occupational Therapists work closely with the team to help you remain as independent as possible, return to your highest level of function, and to minimize barriers to living a full and active life.
No matter the age, the overall goal of Occupational Therapy is to maximize your function, and to reach your personal goals.