Gestational Diabetes Services at Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
Pregnancy & Diabetes
Gestational diabetes can cause serious problems during pregnancy, but proper care can control symptoms. At Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center, our American Diabetes Association-certified educators provide education and tools to help women manage their gestational diabetes.
Gestational Diabetes Education Topics
- An overview of gestational diabetes
- How gestational diabetes affects health
- Proper weight gain
- Self monitoring blood glucose (SMBG)
- Controlling your blood glucose with medications
- Meal Planning
- Diabetes after delivery-risks and prevention
With a physician's referral, we can schedule individual appointments for patients who:
- Need follow up
- Need one-on-one education
- Are unable to attend the class
Please call the Diabetes Management Center at 303-839-6891 to register for these classes or to get more information.