Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL
Bill of Rights for Registered Nurses
- Nurses have the right to practice in a manner that fulfills their obligations to society and to those who receive nursing care.
- Nurses have the right to practice in environments that allow them to act in accordance with professional standards and legally authorized scopes of practice.
- Nurses have the right to a work environment that supports and facilitates ethical practice, in accordance with Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements.
- Nurses have the right to freely and openly advocate for themselves and their patients, without fear of retribution.
- Nurses have the right to fair compensation for their work, consistent with their educational preparation, knowledge, experience and professional responsibilities.
- Nurses have the right to a work environment that is safe for themselves and their patients.
- Nurses in all practice settings have the right to negotiate, either as individuals or collectively, the conditions of their employment.